Written by: Justin Hren
How about that game Thursday night, huh?! FOOTBALL IS BACK!
I’m here to help you by offering some last minute trade targets (or possibly still draft targets for some of you) before their value begins to climb.
Here are five players that you don’t care about now, but you will soon.
1. WR/WSH Desean Jackson – After a disappointing and injury plagued 2015 season, DJack looks to return to the days of surpassing a 1,000 yards receiving and celebrating IN the endzone. His best season came back in 2013 when he caught 82 balls for 1,332 yards and 9 touchdowns. The Redskins are primed to make 2016 DJack’s best season yet! We will be hearing Cousins to Jackson early and often this season. Go out and get this guy on your team. Maybe you have two great WR and only one good RB. Trade one away to the team that has DJack and an upgrade at your RB2. You’ll thank me later.
2. TE/CHI Zach Miller – According to many “football experts”, there’s not too much to get excited about this season when it comes to the Chicago Bears. Well, first of all they’re wrong.. Second of all, they’re wrong. The Bears have a lot to be excited about and Zach Miller (from a fantasy football perspective) might be the most exciting guy on the team. Sure, having Greg Olsen or Jordan Reed is great, and obviously everyone would love to have Gronk, but I would much rather fill a hole by trading those guys away and adding Zach Miller to your roster. He’s owned in just over 50% of leagues and I predict him to score 10+ TD’s this season with around 650 yards. Last season was his best yet, catching 5 TD’s with 439 receiving yards as the TE2 with Martellus Bennett as the teams TE1. Bennett is now in New England and Miller is the guy. Go get him!
3. QB/DAL Dak Prescott – Dallas fans were dealt another punch to the gut after watching their star QB go down with yet another serious injury. Tony Romo for the second consecutive season could be out for the year with a back injury. It’s a tough pill to swallow, especially after watching their Super Bowl hopeful 2015 team struggle through a 4-12 season. This is 2016, though. The Cowboys have newly drafted Dak Prescott under center! Dak has done nothing but make me a fan all preseason and while Romo was once on the verge of being one of the best, he is now 36 years old and put together worse than a Mr. Potato Head. It’s Dak’s time to shine and if you had Romo, or Brady or you still think Matt Ryan is going to be the next Peyton Manning, maybe scoop up or trade for Dak Prescott and throw him in at QB1. I see the Cowboys fighting for the playoffs late in the season and Dak in the running Rookie of the Year.
4. WR/IND Phillip Dorsett – If Andrew Luck stays healthy in 2016, then the Colts are back. Andre Johnson and Colby Fleener are both gone which makes Phillip Dorsett a guy you want on your fantasy team. He’s looking at an every down role in an explosive 3 WR offense and has a shot at 800 yards and around 6 or 7 TD’s. If an injury were to happen and he turns into one of their top 2 WR’s, well, sky is the limit.
5. RB/TEN Derrick Henry – The Titans traded for DeMarco Murray in the offseason and then drafted Derrick Henry #45 overall in the 2016 NFL Draft. So, which guy are we excited about? I think it’s Derrick Henry, and by Week 4 I don’t think it will even be close. He was a freak at Alabama and at 6’3” and 250 lbs he’s an absolute beast of a man. Look for Henry to find pay dirt often for the Titans and hopefully your fantasy team.