Here’s a recap of last week’s picks at the Valspar Championship:
Patrick Reed-Tied for 7th
Henrik Stenson-Tied for 11th
Jordan Spieth-Tied for 18th
Bubble Guy- Charl Schwartzel- 1st
We had some solid finishes from our top five guys, but we didn’t deliver a win. One of our bubble guys we listed did come through and win the tournament. A great win for Charl Schwartzel!
2016 Arnold Palmer Invitational Preview
Where: Bay Hill Club & Lounge-Orlando, Florida
When: March 14-20, 2016
Course: Par 72, 7,419 yards
This year’s field is stacked featuring 5 of the top 10 players in the world and 13 of the top 30.
Here are this week’s top 5 players to watch:
1. Henrik Stenson- I’m going with Stenson again this week. He was a little off last week but still pulled off an 11th place finish. This week he returns to a course where he has had great success. His last four finishes have been T15, T8, T5 and 2nd. He also resides in Orlando so this is a home match for him.
2. Ryan Moore- Moore continued his good season last week with a 3rd place finish at the Valspar Championship. He has had mixed success on this course but has been playing great. In 7 starts this year he has missed the cut only once and has recorded four top 10 finishes.
Current Odds- +3300
3. Rory McIlroy- This is only McIlroy’s second trip to Bay Hill, he finished T11 here last year. He missed the cut at the Honda Classic but bounced back with a 3rd place finish at Doral. Rain is in the forecast this week so I like McIlroy’s experience playing in bad weather.
Current Odds- +550
4. Justin Rose- Rose has made six starts this year and has finished T17 or better in five of them. He has a good history on this course and can play good if the weather gets nasty.
5. Adam Scott- It is hard not to take Scott right now. He has won his last two starts and shares the course record at Bay Hill with a 62.
One and Done Pick: Henrik Stenson